Coronary Angiography or Cardiac Catheterization is an invasive diagnostic procedure that provides important information about the structure and function of the heart. It usually involves taking X-ray pictures of the heart’s arteries (coronary arteries) using a technique called coronary angiography or arteriography. The resulting images are known as coronary angiograms or arteriograms.
Coronary angiography can be used to help diagnose heart conditions, help plan future treatments and carry out certain procedures. For example, it may be used:
- After a heart attack – where the heart’s blood supply is blocked.
- To help diagnose angina – where pain in the chest is caused by a restricted blood supply to the heart.
- To plan interventional or surgical procedures – such as a coronary angioplasty, where narrowed or blocked blood vessels are widened.
- Coronary angiography is also considered to be the best method of diagnosing coronary heart disease.
During the procedure, a long, thin and flexible tube called a catheter is inserted into a blood vessel in your groin or arm. Using X-ray images as a guide, the tip of the catheter is passed up to the heart and coronary arteries.
A special type of dye called contrast medium is injected into the catheter and X-ray images (angiograms) are taken.
The procedure is usually carried out under local anesthetic, so you will be awake while the procedure is carried out, but the area where the catheter is inserted will be numbed.
The Estimate Includes:
1. Bed charges
2. Clinical Lab Charges
3. Professional Charges
4. Nursing Charges
5. Dietary Charges for the patient and an attendant
6. Operation Theatre charges
7. Anesthetist charges
8. Procedure charges
9. Meet & Greet at the Airport.
The Estimate Excludes:
1. Stay outside the hospital, cost of the same is not included in the above estimate and is payable on actual.
2. Any outpatient consultations and medicines which are required during the follow-up will not be a part of the estimate.
3. The estimate cost is for the number of days indicated above, if situation demands to extend stay in hospital, the additional days stay would be charged accordingly.
4. Cost for additional or multiple implants will be charged at actual.
5. Special Investigations referred by other departments or if situation demands any additional investigation would be charged accordingly.