Cosmetic Surgeries are field of Plastic Surgeries those are usually performed to effect improvement on physical appearance. This type of surgeries can be done on any part of the face or the body.
The most common procedures are as follows:
- Chemical Peel
- Face Lifts
- Breast Implants
- Male Breast reduction
- Skin Rejuvenation and Resurfacing
- Thigh Lift
Why Is It Done?
Before you book an appointment with a cosmetic surgeon or Plastic surgeon, it is important to first consider their main reason of having a particular procedure because undergoing cosmetic surgery has dramatic and lasting effects, which may sometimes affect psychological well-being.
Are You A Good Candidate for Cosmetic or Plastic Surgeries?
While most physical looks can be successfully improved through cosmetic or plastic surgeries, some physical features cannot be changed through surgeries. This is why you must first know if you are a good candidate to undergo said surgery. You are a good candidate if:
- your expectations are realistic and can be accomplished
- you know and understand the involved risks including physical effects during healing phase, changes in both personal and professional aspects of your life, associated lifestyle modifications during recovery period and the necessary expenses
- you know your complete medical history including diabetes and other chronic medical conditions, which needs to be under control or maintained before the procedure
- you have a stable weight for six months to about a year
- you are a non-smoker or can commit to abstain from smoking six weeks before and after your cosmetic surgery
The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeries (ISAPS) puts into their highest priority the safety of their patients. This is why they highly encourage patients to research, understand and carefully plan and decide on the procedure that they want to avail.
Choose the Right Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery
Medical tourism clients must understand the physical improvements a particular procedure can provide. For instance, one might be contemplating on getting a liposuction when a simple tummy tuck would be enough to afford physical improvement.
It is also of utmost value that understand the possible complications that goes with a given procedure. Some procedures may have scarring and prolonged recovery time than others.
Look for a Reliable Cosmetic Surgeon
Once you have decided on a cosmetic surgery procedure you want to avail, it is time to look for a qualified surgeon. There are various things you need to consider before you book an appointment.
First, you need to make sure that you can schedule a pre-consultation with the healthcare provider. Ensure that the surgeon or medical staff can understand your language to eliminate confusion during the course of the treatment.
Second, you must discuss with your surgeon on the necessary pre-surgery preparations that you must do. If you are a smoker, you must let your surgeon know so he or she can advise you accordingly.
Plan for your Cosmetic Surgery Journey
You are advised to start planning for your cosmetic surgery journey only when you have carefully consider all possible options and you have already consulted with a qualified surgeon.
Before leaving for your medical travel, make sure you know:
- the financing options including the payment methods accepted
- accommodations nearby the medical facility
- recovery and after-care procedure
To ensure a hassle free medical journey of plastic surgeries, MeditrotIndia will assist you in every step of the way.